Welcome to two more West’ish of Ireland Members.
Becca’s Bakery, Westport
These new members have been open a total of 2 weeks and a day! They do a select of Real Breads:
A range of sourdough, spelt and yeasted breads in an array of different flavors, such as wholemeal treacle and walnut, mixed seed wholemeal, pumpkin seed and Mediterranean herb.
We also offer a range of cakes and desserts all made with ‘real’ ingredients such as Irish butter and local free range eggs.
- Website http://beccasbakerymayo.com
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/beccasbakerymayo?fref=ts
- Twitter https://twitter.com/BeccaBakeryWest
They have being baking for over a decade and have a husband and wife Baking team – Sean and Sue Cooper.
Organico Bakery breads are made to a recipe passed down from our mother Caroline, who baked once or twice a week all during our childhood. Baking Day was a family affair; as little girls we were given a piece of dough to make a ‘breadman’ with raisins for buttons. In the late 1990s Caroline set up the Bakery in the back of our shop and we have been supplying Bantry with #realbread ever since!
The basic recipe is organic flour, filtered water, fresh yeast, salt and a little organic sugar to feed the yeast. All our breads are mixed by hand, and with the exception of the Rich Soda they all conform to the Real Bread rules. Our current project is to further develop our range of Sourdoughs. Exciting times!
On a daily basis we make:
- Wholemeal Spelt
- White Spelt
- Wholemeal/White Seedy Spelt
- Wholemeal Wheat
- Cheesy Pesto Spelt Bread
Twice a week we make:
- Beer Sourdough using granary flour
- Rye and Wheat Sourdough
- Rich Soda using eggs and buttermilk
- Website http://www.organico.ie/organico-bakery
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Organico-Bantry/367182798860?sk=timeline
- Twitter https://twitter.com/organicobantry
Thanks for joining up both 🙂